Title One Information
Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
All Title I schools have copies of the Parent and Family Engagement Plans (PFEPs) in their front office, as well as translated versions. For a copy of the school PFEP or district PFEP, please email or call the school.
A school-parent compact is a written agreement between the school and the parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs that identifies the activities that the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will undertake to share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. This agreement is developed with input from parents, community members and school staff.
At elementary Title I schools, the compact is discussed during family/teacher conferences. All Title I schools have copies of the compact in their front office, as well as translated versions. For a copy of the school compact, please email or call the school.
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
The purpose of a Schoolwide Improvement Plan (SIP) is to develop a plan with school staff and leaders to help improve the academic achievement.
For a copy of the SIP, please email or call the school. A paper copy is available in the front office or you can visit www.floridacims.org
Useful Links & Resources
- Annual Report Card
- 2018-2019 CODE Academy Report Card
- Polk County School District Main Page
- 2019-2020 Title I Parent and Family Engagement Summary
- 2020-2021 School Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- 2019-2020 Polk County School District Right to Know Letter
- Polk County School District Student Code of Conduct
- Polk County School District Title I Parent/Family Resource Centers & Parent University
- Polk County School District Title I Web Page
- 2020-2021 School Improvement Plan
- 2019 Parent Feedback Survey
- 2019 Student Feedback Survey
- 2019 Staff Feedback Survey
- Polk County School District Volunteer Information Page
- 2020-2021 CODE Academy Parent Compact