General Information About Our School
Through a variety of meaningful learning experiences, Combee Academy of Design and Engineering will foster a school climate that cultivates problem solving through design, applied STEM principles, and student agency that will enable our learners to achieve the highest levels of success.
Combee Academy of Design and Engineering will empower lifelong learners through integrated Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) experiences that are second to none. We will implement a learner-centered design model addressing a wide range of skills to develop the whole child. Personalized learning strategies will increase student agency and enable our learners to be co-creators of their experiences, goals, and pathways. A competency-based approach will support personalized pacing with customized intervention and enrichment for all.
General Information & FAQ's
Click on the tabs to expand.
Arrival & Dismissal
- Office Hours are from 7:30am to 4:00pm.
- Bagged breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 8:00, and will be taken to the classroom.
- All students should be on campus and in classes by 8:00am.
- All car & day care riders will be dismissed at 3pm.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 3pm.
- Bus riders will be dismissed as buses arrive.
- No students may be checked out after 2pm.
- Emergency Card and medical information should be updated in the main office as needed.
- All changes in dismissal must be submitted in writing. Phone calls can not be accepted.
Visitors on Campus
- Please, all visitors must check in at the office.
- Please notify the office immediately if a child is moving or changing schools.
Volunteering for Our School
- We welcome and encourage any parent to become an Official Volunteer. We can always benefit from a extra pair of hands to help assist us in the classroom and lunchroom. If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer, please contact the Office. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at our school, you must first fill out an online application and be approved by the district. Click here to submit an application!
Attention, new volunteers!
- Volunteers are an important part of our school family. To maintain campus security, new volunteers undergo a Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check at a cost of $25. This is a one time, tax-deductible fee for prospective volunteers The school office can confirm your approval status. If you are not currently a school volunteer, print an application at www.polk-fl.net, search: Volunteer. Return completed application to the office with a $25 money order payable to the Polk County School Board. Upon approval, you will be issued a permanent Polk County School Board badge to wear when you are on campus as a volunteer.
- Los voluntarios son parte importante de nuestra familia escolar. Para mantener la seguridad en nuestro plantel, los nuevos voluntarios deben someterse a una nueva verificación de antecedentes con el Departamento de Aplicación de la Ley de La Florida a un costo de $25. Este pago es por una sola vez y es deducible de impuestos para los voluntarios potenciales. La oficina de la escuela puede confirmar su estatus de aprobación. Si actualmente usted no es voluntario en la escuela, imprima una solicitud en www.polk-fl.net, busque: “Volunteer”. Devuelva la solicitud a la oficina con un giro postal por $ 25 a nombre de “Polk County School Board”. Una vez aprobado/a, se le emitirá una insignia de la Junta del Condado de Polk para usarla cuando se esté en el campus como voluntario/a.
- Psychological Services
- District Budget Information
- Nondiscrimination Statement